8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Mastering Immediate Implants - A Deep Dive
Welcome to the first Academia Implantology event in Manila, Philippines!
This scientific meeting on dental implantology involves an interactive lecture that allows the audience to get involved with the treatment plan of various interesting cases, primarily focusing on immediate implant placement in the aesthetic zone.
1. Immediate Implant Placement and Loading as Fundamental Concepts of a Successful Implant Practice. Quality and Speed Harmonically Blended.
Duration: 90 min
This clinically oriented lecture will focus on describing the various surgical and prosthetic protocols behind every ‘’immediate’’ implant case. The concepts of immediate implant placement and loading, when applied with respect to the biological, biomechanical and aesthetic conditions of each case, increase the satisfaction of patients and at the same time offer new possibilities in developing a successful practice. The lecture will finally address all the important treatment planning and clinical considerations behind the most common clinical scenarios.
- Extractions and immediate implant placements
- Analysis of the aesthetic socket and soft tissue biotype
- Factors that influence primary stability in immediate implant placements
- Clinical guidelines for immediate implant placements in the aesthetic zone
- Different clinical scenarios and their planning in the Dental Scan
- The keys of success in Immediate Loading
- Implant prosthetics in the Aesthetic Zone
2. Aesthetics based on the use of Biology – Overcoming the Conventional Limits
Duration: 90 min
On an everyday basis, Implantologists that continuously strive for aesthetic excellence, have to deal with the multiple limitations of the hard and soft tissue preservative and regenerative techniques. It seems that achieving a perfect aesthetic result, especially in cases of multiple missing teeth, is at least not predictable. The lecture will initially guide the audience through the most important parts of the literature toward the understanding of the biological principles that govern the outcomes of a post-extraction aesthetic case. The Socket – Shield technique will then be introduced as an alternative that could be a solution to the compromise that clinicians have been forced to accept, when treating cases that require perfection. Using Biology can be our ultimate and only answer.
- Literature review on the healing of the post-extraction socket and the current socket preservation techniques – understanding the causes of the aesthetic problems and the biological principles that the Implantologist has to respect.
- Critical review and comprehensive explanation of the Socket – Shield technique (literature – clinical cases – videos – diagrams). Understanding the rationale behind this surgical approach and why it is considered currently as the most advanced method used in the Aesthetic Zone.
- Limitations and complications of the Socket – Shield technique. Should the Implantologist be careful and why?
3. Demystifying Dental Implants – Part 1
Duration: 90 min
Choosing the ‘’ideal’’ implant system is not an easy decision for the clinician. We have to base this decision on the conscious understanding of the core biological principles of Implant Dentistry on the one hand, as well as on the micro - / macro – mechanical characteristics of implants on the other hand. A Dental Implant has to do multiple things at the same time. It needs to become osseointegrated, create a friendly relationship with the soft tissues, support an aesthetic implant crown and cover the aesthetic and functional needs of the patient. All of the above have to be accomplished preferably in a simple, fast way and maintained on a long term basis. This lecture creates a fruitful discussion that brings to the surface all of the questions that every modern Implantologist faces, when he/she has to decide which Implant System can cover these requirements in the best possible way.
- Implant surfaces and osseointegration
- Understanding the biologic width formation and its consequences
- Implant design and primary stability
- The implant neck. Implant-abutment connections and the truth behind platform switching.
- Critical analysis of the ‘’one abutment – one time’’ concept
4. Demystifying Dental Implants – Part 2
Duration: 90 min
Dr. Andreas Barbetseas graduated from the Dental School of the University of Athens in Greece in 2005. He received specialty training in Surgical and Prosthetic Implantology in the Department of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry of New York University, USA under Professor Dr. Dennis Tarnow (2008-2010).
In 2010 he received the New York University's Postgraduate Research Award for his postgraduate research on the peri-implant soft tissue management. During his graduate studies he pursued extensive academic and clinical training on the full range of the Periodontal and Peri-implant Microsurgery. Currently the doctor's main clinical interest is the maximization of Aesthetics in periodontal and implant care with the application of minimally invasive microsurgical techniques.
Dr. Andreas Barbetseas is the founder and Director of Education of ‘’ImmediaTeam International Association" of Oral Implantologists. The mission of ‘’ImmediaTeam’’ is to provide state of the art basic and advanced training on Oral Implantology, offering specialized clinical courses worldwide.
The doctor has been the winner of multiple clinical awards including the 1st Bego Clinical Case Award in 2013.
He is a Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI).
Dr. Barbetseas gives lectures internationally on Advanced Oral Implantology and Oral Microsurgery. He is widely considered as a leading expert on Periodontal and Periimplant Soft Tissue Management and his lectures are known for being creative, inspirational and highly educative. Numerous dentists from around the world have benefited from his pioneer courses and trainings on Immediate Implant Placement and Loading, on the application of cutting edge surgical techniques, as well as on Soft Tissue Grafting.
He has been an official administrator and director of education in the SDA Study Club by NYU, one of the most successful study clubs in Greece focused on Aesthetic Dentistry and Implantology.
Dr. Barbetseas maintains a private practice in Athens, Greece which is limited to Implant Surgical Reconstruction and Soft Tissue Grafting.
Registration and Payment at Dentistree or through an authorized SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Payment through ANY BPI BRANCH:
* Fill out BPI deposit slip and check savings account:
* Peso Account Name: DENTISTREE
* Peso Account Number: 4433-0414-16
* Upon payment, fax your BPI deposit slip and registration information to 9271631, 9264526, or 4560590.
You may also email the deposit slip and your registration information to email@example.com
Required registration info as follows;
1. Your full name
2. Your clinic address
3. Your email address
4. Your mobile number
5. Your clinic landline number
* Registration Fees
Before August 31, 2018 Php 3,710 (USD 70)
Before October 31, 2018 Php 4,240 (USD 80)
Before January 31, 2019 Php 4,770 (USD 90)
After January 31, 2019
Onsite Registration Php 5,300 (USD 100)
We are thrilled to have this event catered by one of the country's fast rising caterers, M Catering. The finalized menu which is guaranteed to mesmerize our palate as follows;
Spinach and White Cheese Bread
Tuna and Onion Bun
Roasted Squash and Carrot Soup
Asian Salad with Soy-Sesame Dressing
Braised Beef Tips with Garlic Gravy and Potato Wedges
Peri Peri Chicken with Cilantro Lime Glaze
Breaded Fish with Mango-Bell Pepper Salsa
Brazo De Mercedes
Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Roasted Peppers and Olives
Free-flowing coffee included. See you there!